Things That Make Me Beautiful



I have a few beauty products that I will always be loyal too. I guess you can say I'm known for the signature cheeks and eyelashes... TRUST I don't do this everyday.... actually I can't remember the last time I got fully ready. Getting older has made me lazy and the entire "Getting Ready Ritual" is sooooo painstakingly awful that I seldom go out. I literally play it out in my head....



1. Plan- I have to plan my "look" in my head before I attempt to get ready. What type of event is it? What is the weather like? Are there any plans afterwards that I need to be prepared for? So taking all that into consideration I choose an outfit. The rest hair/makeup/shoes/accessories revolve around the outfit. This is the easy part..the execution is the part I have a hard time make it through.



2. Showers- I hate it. I dread it...  It's such a time suck especially when I have to wash my hair. I don't have bad hygiene; I just wash the important parts of my body everyday. Much faster.



3. Hair- I have this crazy wavy hair that most Asians don't have but apparently God wanted to be funny and play a joke so he "blessed" me with wavy hair... when my hair was shorter it was commonly mistaken as pubic hair.. GROSS. Needless to say styling my hair is SO FING TIME CONSUMING. I'm getting pissed off just writing about it. Depending on the outfit choice will determine how much time is needed to spend on my hair.



4. Makeup-My "Going Out" look has been pretty refined and I can usually get through it pretty quickly. I just really despise doing it because it's another time suck. I could be doing something else... I remember when I was much younger how much pride I took in the ritual.

I use the same overall base and change up the lip for the look.



5. Nail Polish- This is something I've recently become obsessed with... I keep my nails nice and short so I can wear any big bright color. This is super time consuming but for some reason I find this therapeutic.



6. Putting it all together- I let my hair dry with product straightening/volumizer depending on the look. Then I start my makeup. I usually have an episode of Law & Order SVU or MSNBC Locked-Up on in the background. Yeah Weird I know... Music makes my anxiety level shoot through the roof.



Toner: Tamarind Tea Hydrating Toner

WHAT IT DOES: FIghts dryness and dehydration
immediately, reduces redness, and increases skin softness. It just
WORKS! You have to try this.


Moisturize: KIEL'S Ultra Facial Moisturizer

I've been using Retin-A and my skin is sensitive and slightly drier than
usual. This is cheap and works well. I'd usually use a serum instead of a
moisturizer if I wasn't on Retin-A as my skin is SUPER DUPER OILY. 





Blot Excess: TATCHA

Did you really expect any less? :) TATCHA is not your ordinary blotting paper; it's aburatorigami: a very special type of blotting papers that are handmade from 100% Abaca Leaf (not paper which is drying). Made by gold-leaf artisans this beauty secret has been used by the Geisha for over 300 years.

I just totally plugged my product...hahaha... It's only the best stuff ever! Why else would I work here?



I use this to blot up any excess moisturizer so that I have a nice clean canvas to work on. I also use TATCHA during the getting ready process especially during warm weather...esp when I'm working on my hair (hot blow dryer, flat iron, or curling rod).



Luminizer of the moment: Benefit's "that gal" brightening face primer

I don't really like to use primers as it's just another layer of ish on my skin but I really like the brightening effect under foundation! My makeup doesn't look so flat...



Foundation: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation











Makeup Forever Full Coverage Concealer

Best Concealer HANDS DOWN A little goes a LONG WAY. This concealer is AHHHmazing. It works for covering up dark eye circles and spot blemishes. The stuff doesn't budge and I've never had any adverse effects i.e. breakouts at all. It's sweat proof and lasts all day. Love Love Love it. I never leave home with out it!







Laura Mercier 'Mosaic' Shimmer Bloc

Glowing Skin in Seconds! The peach mosaic shimmer bloc is one of my make-up essentials. You can build the intensity for a night look or just brush on a little for a natural healthy glow. I find that it works well with NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower; together you get that GLOW! The only reason I don't give the shimmer bloc 5 stars: the bloc will start to crumble and eventually break into pieces, leaving your make-up bag with shimmery peach residue EVERYWHERE. I end up putting it in a ziplock baggie and using it ghetto fab style... The price point is fairly high considering this is not a "core" product.

Don't be afraid of the BRIGHT colors! I was highly disappointed when Smashbox stopped carrying the creme blush color that I fell in love with. Cactus flower was the closest option; and a little goes a LONG way. I know the color looks super intense but you only need to apply a dab on your brush and pat it on to the apples of your cheeks. If it gets too bright or crazy; use a big powder brush to blend the blush out. This pairs very well with Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Peach





Smashbox Artificial Light Luminizing Lotion in Glow

Hollywood Glow This product makes your skin look AMAZING. I'm glad they changed the packaging; the old pump used to shoot out way to much product and it would get everywhere! One bottle can last you a very long time; price is great, color is amazing. Just remember to blend and not over do it!










Yves Saint Laurent TOUCHE ÉCLAT Radiant Touch

Brightens and Highlights like No other! I heart this product so much! I love the application (clickable pen) and you just brush it on to areas that you want to highlight. I find it too light to use as an under eye concealer but combining the two makes for a great Hollywood finish. I always have it handy and love that you can use it for other areas of your face. Some highlighters are not as flexible and you end up with streaky areas of whitish color over your face... not a good look...


I got into it with a Drag Queen Diva (by no fault of my own) over my lashes and the glue I recommended. She was dressed as a HE and made a rather un-classy "compliment" about my lashes and basically bullied me AS A BOY!!  I responded nicely and said it was THE best stuff I've ever tried and trust me I've tried many. It escalated into something that got me some free PR: 

Random Friend of a Friend: 
"oh YOU'RE Nadia!!! I heard about you at Club *** where **** was performing and she said you were a total B I T C H and how much she hated you, BUT you're so nice!" 

The Tranny wrote me into her performance... I love that about her. I do have to note after seeing her in her DQ Makeup and costumes the bitch is FIERCE...such a beauty. Too bad we got off on the wrong foot...over eyelash glue. (Still the best glue EVER)







0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital